Thursday, January 24, 2008

The first harvest

Today as Steve left for the school, the Lord prompted him to go back home and get his Bible that he had left behind. The Lord seemed to say, “I’ve got something for you today.”

The day was full of just stuff. Samaritan’s Purse began to offload their containers at the school today and the truck (semi) got stuck in the mud....just normal stuff. Then he got a call from Kwame and Thabo, the Batswana couple we wrote about Sunday. They wanted to see him.

They came about 5:30 and before they left they were both SAVED! They are 27,28 years old and their big struggle, what led them to church was that they like so many young Batswana are basically alcoholics. They said, well, we came to ask you how we can stop drinking, but now we are SAVED! Pretty great. Steve said, “I guess that’s why God wanted me to take my Bible!” First two for God’s harvest on the new property.

It is unbelievable what God is doing. We found out today that our books are still 30 days out but there are enough to copy or use until the big supply gets here. We have done some dumb things, like I ordered 0 teacher’s books. But, God is blessing, every day there is a new student. I teach all of our secondary students Bible Doctrine. They do not even know the books of the Bible. Today I asked if anyone knew any promises of God and one girl said that he promised to make us heads and not tails........(prosperity stuff I believe) I told her she would have to show that one to me... But anyway... Just wanted you to know we are thankful for His work and acknowledge that without Him we can do nothing.

It’s a lot of work, but remember we prayed that God would establish us here soon. - He is answering and we are just walking by faith.

Love you,
Pam

No comments: